“One Site For Every Screen” Crash Course
From mobile browsers to netbooks and tablets, users are visiting your sites from an increasing array of devices and browsers.
Are your designs ready? Learn how to think beyond the desktop and craft beautiful designs that anticipate and respond to your users’ need.
Silas Olatayo will explore CSS techniques and design principles, including fluid grids, flexible images, and media queries, demonstrating how you can deliver a quality experience to your users no matter how large (or small) their display.
Things to expect
- Understand the concept of responsive web design.
- Identify advantages and disadvantages to the responsive web design approach.
- Test on various platforms and screen resolutions.
- Identify design challenges posed by various mobile & desktop platforms and resolutions.
- Plan out a responsive website at various resolutions.
- Understand and demonstrate the basics of flexible grids, flexible images and media queries.
- Create a basic responsive web design.
- Identify specific design challenges that you need to be considered at various resolutions and on various platforms for websites.
- Resources and links.
Things expected of you
- You are required to have a laptop installed with softwares like Adobe Dreamweaver CS6, Notepad, Microsoft Word and any Design tool[Photoshop e.t.c].
- You must know how to design a web layout with any suitable design tool like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Fireworks e.t.c.
- Understanding HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery will be an added advantage.
- and FINALLY. Please DON’T COME LATE!